Commerce Township Community Library Book Discussions
The Commerce Township Community Library offers three book clubs designed to meet your needs. Book lovers are welcome to attend one or all three of the book clubs!
Monthly Morning Book Discussion
The Library holds a monthly book discussion for adults on the 4th Friday of every month (some dates have changed due to holidays), from September - May. Please call the library at 248-669-8108 for further information. Please check the library catalog for availability. We may also have some on reserve so please contact us if no copies appear to be available.
2016-2017 Schedule of Discussions:
- September 23, 2016 - 800 Grapes by Laura Dave
- October 28, 2016 - The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth
- November 18, 2016 - At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier
- December 16, 2016 - The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by K. Bivald
- January 27, 2017 - When Breathe Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi (NF)
- February 24, 2017 - Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
- March 24, 2017 - The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick
- April 28, 2017 - Lily and the Octopus by Stephen Rowley
- May 19, 2017 YEAR END PARTY!
Book discussions are held from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM at the library.
Seasoned Readers Book Club
The Library holds a monthly book discussion for all book lovers over the age of 50 at the Richardson Senior Center. The book discussion is led by a librarian from the Commerce Township Community Library. The Richardson Senior Center is located at 1485 Oakley Park Road, Commerce Township, MI. The Seasoned Readers meet year round on the last Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at the Richardson Senior Center. Light refreshments are served. Please call the Richardson Senior Center at 248-926-0063 for further information.
Ever wished that you could get your hands on a book before it hit the library's shelf? The Pre-Pub Club is just for you! A Pre-Pub is an advance copy of a book that is not quite ready for publication. That's right, as a club member you'll be able to read new fiction and non-fiction books 2-3 months before they become available in bookstores or the library! This club meets from 7 – 8 p.m. on the second Monday of each month (September through May).