Commerce Township Community Library Book Discussions
The Commerce Township Community Library offers three book clubs designed to meet your needs. Book lovers are welcome to attend either one or both book clubs!
Monthly Morning Book Discussion
The Library holds a monthly book discussion for adults on the 4th Friday of every month (some dates have changed due to holidays), from September - May. Please call the library at 248-669-8108 etc. 103 for further information. Please check the library catalog for availability. We may also have some on reserve so please contact us if no copies appear to be available.
2018-2019 Schedule of Discussions:
- September 28, 2018 Love and Other Consolation Prizes by Jamie Ford
- October 26, 2018 My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- *November 16, 2018 Hillbilly Elegy: a Memoir of Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- *December 14, 2018 American War by Omar El Akkad
- January 25, 2019 Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- February 22, 2019 Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- March 22, 2019 The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- April 26, 2019 An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- *May 18, 2019 Year End Party!
Book discussions are held from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM at the library.
Seasoned Readers Book Club
The Library holds a monthly book discussion for all book lovers over the age of 50 at the Richardson Senior Center. The book discussion is led by a librarian from the Commerce Township Community Library. The Richardson Senior Center is located at 1485 Oakley Park Road, Commerce Township, MI. The Seasoned Readers meet year round on the last Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at the Richardson Senior Center. Light refreshments are served. Please call the Richardson Senior Center at 248-926-0063 for further information.